TAS Money & marriage

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

resea

11 June 2024
I found it unbelievable (not funny at all if your involved) in how much the "girls" in my case, would share all sorts of nonsense which influences some people, who then go on to make blunder after blunder, which is fine, except the other party is dragged through the mud as they are stuck till it finishes.

The system really does have many flaws. And it seems this angle is often tried, party one decides to split thinking they will get a bunch of things, and also expects that the other party will have to fund this venture, like it is some sort of obligation. It makes me laugh, many people want to be independent, except when it comes to paying for stuff and being a responsible and productive adult. :)
See my post about family violence.
Must add the wife entered the union with property, money and husband entered with debt. Due to years of violence, isolation and coercive control of the wife the tables have turned.

lostinspace

25 November 2023
And you know this is a fact ? how ? All this stuff is trotted out by many when parties split, in fact, it seems like a trend. I hear women claiming violence because the other half does not agree to what they want. Any disagreement is DV in the eyes of some.

Anyway, let us assume this is right.

Many people I know left home when they were teenagers, 15, 17 etc etc, they had nothing. They got a job and moved in with other people often in shared accommodation.

If this person is truly being subject to these things claimed, then move ! Get a job, go. Stop looking for ways to stay and make it easy to just stay.

I highly doubt any of it is true, this is just someone who wants everything handed to them, it is someone wanting to select the parts they like in life and not facing the reality of life or the not so nice parts, it is understandable, but changes nothing, act, and if your the middle person, as said, stop letting them make this issue yours. Also it seems your saying the wife was the one doing DV as well, in that case, then same applies to the male, DO something, no one will do it for him.

I do not buy any sort of DV story from third parties, let alone the internet where anything can be said and void of detail and fact. This person did not have to go back, they want the easy way and seem to be looking for a handout, if a teenager can leave home and be independent, so can they, if people come from other countries with just a bag of belongings and survive, so can this person. It is time people in this world get back to being responsible for themselves and stop the finger pointing and victim card game.

resea

11 June 2024
And you know this is a fact ? how ? All this stuff is trotted out by many when parties split, in fact, it seems like a trend. I hear women claiming violence because the other half does not agree to what they want. Any disagreement is DV in the eyes of some.

Anyway, let us assume this is right.

Many people I know left home when they were teenagers, 15, 17 etc etc, they had nothing. They got a job and moved in with other people often in shared accommodation.

If this person is truly being subject to these things claimed, then move ! Get a job, go. Stop looking for ways to stay and make it easy to just stay.

I highly doubt any of it is true, this is just someone who wants everything handed to them, it is someone wanting to select the parts they like in life and not facing the reality of life or the not so nice parts, it is understandable, but changes nothing, act, and if your the middle person, as said, stop letting them make this issue yours. Also it seems your saying the wife was the one doing DV as well, in that case, then same applies to the male, DO something, no one will do it for him.

I do not buy any sort of DV story from third parties, let alone the internet where anything can be said and void of detail and fact. This person did not have to go back, they want the easy way and seem to be looking for a handout, if a teenager can leave home and be independent, so can they, if people come from other countries with just a bag of belongings and survive, so can this person. It is time people in this world get back to being responsible for themselves and stop the finger pointing and victim card game.
Let's guess

lostinspace

25 November 2023
We all get no choice.

It is not like we have a raft of proven facts here (or even seemingly), seems just one persons straw man.

But there is no guessing on the fact that people have choices.

lostinspace

25 November 2023
Oh the irony, you are right.

But sorry, I and others do not have to buy it, why your so invested in hearing the answers you want only leads to more questions, alas, there are better things to do as this is no longer any sort of discussion with any value.

I bid you good day.