QLD drug test

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

tank121

20 February 2024
so going back and forth atm with lawyers emailing, my ex wanted me to do a hair drug test and if it was clear i can see my son well it wasnt clear. i edited it to make it look clear and now she wants my authority to for the pathology place to send results straight to her i refused and have filed for proceedings, my question is can a court order me to allow her access to the original report even though i self requested it? or will court order me to redo a drug test?

LostEcho

3 April 2023
It sounds like you're in a challenging situation. Generally, if you requested the drug test, the results might be considered your private information. However, courts can sometimes order disclosure of certain documents if they think it’s necessary for the case.

karissatbeltran

9 February 2023
I understand the stress surrounding drug tests, as they can be so much of a nuisance, especially when one has so much at stake based on the results. I've seen that if one is concerned with being able to pass, synthetic urine kits may be pretty good options. I know people who have tried the kits and said they worked pretty well in instances where they do an okay job, close enough to the natural kind. Read about brands; not all kits are created equal. One can spend a little more to get a reliable one instead of getting surprises.

You can get good options online to buy the best synthetic urine kits online. Also, follow the instructions closely, as temperature and timing are important. I have heard that warming the sample to body temperature is critical to a good result.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Let's see....

You're a drug user.
You consented to a hair test.
You failed it.
You forged the results.
You got caught.
And now, you want the court to help you conceal that?

lostinspace

25 November 2023
Yeah, I do not know, but sounds like the other side has genuine concerns.

The court will do what is best for the kids, they are likely to assist the side that has genuine concerns where it can be shown those concerns are valid.

All I can say, is clean up your act if you want to be involved with your kids, you should do that anyway if it is any kind of serious drug. If it is not a problem, then just stay away from it all anyway.