NSW Can an AVPO be sought against a committee, organisation, or entity?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

TBP

11 August 2021
Highrise building in Sydney with lots of nastiness. Aside from the physical intimidation, harassment, assaults, and property damage from a couple of owners (have video recordings) the strata committee itself which includes these 2 owners engages in less physical intimidation like getting my car towed, sending tradies to "inspect" my apartment and threatening to break down my front door because it's an "emergency", letting sewage leak into my bathroom destroying my bathroom and then refusing to comply with tribunal orders to stop the leak and fix the damage (been 3 years), cutting off access to the laundry for 6 months, cutting me off from the gym, refusing permission for basically anything but allowing other owners the same, changing the lock on my storage cage and not giving me the key (been 2 years not being able to access my belongings), invoicing me for fake or "required" work, sending real estate agents to buy my apartment for $1. Basically a mini dictatorship. The police tell me to just get an AVPO by myself because it's easy.

The reason why I ask if an AVPO can be taken out against a strata committee or entity (ie the owners corporation or strata managing agency) is because a lot of this stuff is done in the name of the strata plan. When I try and ask who made the decision it's claimed it was a decision by the "building" or I just get the run around.