SA Assault at young age leading to lack of any relationships, mental health issues, no qualifications, suicide attempts, affected quality of life

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
3 May 2024
I was assaulted multiple times between the ages of 5-teens, sexually assaulted by a boy of my age at an age I was unable to know the repercussions of his actions. I had no friends at school until he was away from me, I spent each weekend at his farm and 5nights a week playing sport with him, I had no friends the entire time and therefore no social skills, I became too scared to even talk to girls my age and spent majority of my time unhappy and fighting with my family. I overate which led to even more problems socially as I was even more scared. I got to high school, still with no friends, and couldn’t handle my lack of social skills nor my fear of other people so I left, got on illicit substances, lost weight but still no enjoyment, I was raped again and again by older men leading me to feel even less unable to be around girls my age. I was bashed my boys twice my size as I had no friends to guide me to better decisions and I spent time in hospital after multiple suicide attempts still with no friends. I lost my hospitality job and have nothing to do with my time, I have no friends to contact, I have no idea what I’d even talk about to friends as it’s all so bloody depressing everything I do have to say, so I try to read and put better things in my head but still I feel like giving up. I find it unfair that I have suffered this much because a boy wanted to have me all to himself and I was given a life not like anyone else my age, I still have not received help for the physical or sexual abuse and I don’t know what to do or where to start except for inquiring here. I’m unhappy with how life has turned out and I was unable to know the difference between me being only around a boy for that long and me having female friends around me that entire time, I feel everyone sat there and watched my life fall to pieces and no one really cared when they are older and should’ve known better and should’ve stopped it. Can I take this to a court of law as it’s cost me so much of my life and it continues every day to be a struggle somewhat for me?
Thankyou kindly