SA Westpac/BankSA Outage

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

squirrel333

22 August 2014
Hope someone can help or point me in the right direction.

As you are no doubt aware Westpac has had internet banking, and Mobile Phone App issues, it is now day five with no access to internet banking through web browser or their APP.
You are unable to contact the bank as when you do you get an automated voice telling you to log into your app and ring or go to a BankSA website site to get your log in details for an app that you can't log into.

I have a family member who is in hospital as could not buy medication to keep him alive.
As unable to access accounts to transfer money to his Debit Card to order medication.

Upon finally contacting BankSA myself they did not care, or take any responsibility for the situation.
All they suggested is for me to lodge a complaint/feedback but needed my mobile phone number and email address, upon asking why they need my mobile number was advised it's because it's their procedures. I do not want them to have my details so could not log a complaint.

Legally do we need to provide mobile number or email address to lodge a complaint?