VIC Myki inspector confrontation question

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

adav6638

15 December 2023
Hi
This morning I purchased a $10 myki and on my way home on the tram, a number of inspectors very randomly entered at a stop and the lady (a very friendly Samoan lady, Sorry for mentioning the race which is irrelevant just trying to paint a picture) asked for my myki and I handed her my wallet containing 3 or 4 cards as I wasn't sure which one was my registered one.
She scanned them all and said they are all in the negative (already after only 2 or 3 trips in one day) and I must top it up and I said OK sorry I will immediately.
She then got off right away with the others (who didn't scan any other person's card and this tram was completely packed yet I was the only one asked which seems unfair). She didn't ask for my id or say I'm getting a fine or anything, would her scanner device show my details such as name and address?
I'm paranoid i'l still somehow receive a fine even though wasn't asked for my details.
I'm very grateful for her kindness and professionalism.