VIC Home Care Provider Negligence (Aged Care)

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Xander

3 October 2024
Hello everyone,

Firstly I would like to mention that I intend on using this forum to document concerns and issues regarding my fathers "Home Care Provider"
to help prevent causing myself further distress and that so I can refer friends, family and any potential legal support to this thread. Having
to repeatedly discuss my concerns and issues is becoming increasingly overwhelming, especially considering the duration and scope of the
situation. Acquiring any legal support as been significantly difficult surrounding the confusion of which legislation "Home Care Providers"
adhere to, below are a couple of extracts from the "Home Care Package Program" and the "Department of Health and Aged Care"

Home Care Program.png
Legislation.png

Xander

3 October 2024
As of 2019 my father was receiving a Level 4 Home Care Package up until he's passing mid 2024, during this time I would provide full-time care.
Leading up to my fathers passing he had accumulated over $126,000 in available funds, by the admission of the "Home Care Provider" this was
the most available funding an individual had in the entire state of Victoria. This should come as a red flag considering that the "Home Care Provider"
often failed to provide adequate services and equipment. If we did receive something it didn't come without a lengthy battle resulting in injury
and permanent harm to my fathers health and well being.

*Attached at the bottom of this post is a page from the client statement we received in May 2024, please note that I've removed my fathers private
information and the identity of the "Home Care Provider".

I would like to start by briefly addressing some of the key issues, all of which I would like to discuss further in time:
(1) The manipulation of my father without my knowledge to cancel services and equipment while being completely aware of my fathers cognitive dysfunction.
(2) The refusal to provide adequate services and equipment resulting in high risk of injury from early 2022 until my fathers passing in mid 2024.
(3) The refusal to provide adequate oxygen equipment where my father was subjected to dangerously low oxygen saturations for a period of 6 months
causing permanent cognitive dysfunction which went entirely unreported.
(4) The malicious behavior that continued after we ceased service with the provider and after my fathers passing.
(5) The report from the "Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission" including responses from the "Home Care Provider" following a complaint I made
prior to my fathers passing.

Due to time constraints I will have to address the report I received from the "Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission" immediately seeing that I've been
given very little time to respond. After carefully reviewing the report and performing some basic fact checking using the archive of information that I was
able to collect. I found that the "Home Care Provider" are intentionally providing false and misleading information in a desperate attempt to control the
narrative and downplay the seriousness of their negligence.

Client Statement.jpg