NSW Ex sold my car for her drug debt

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

budgie

31 July 2024
Is it a breach of avo for my ex to sell my car to her drug dealer to clear her debt...the car was taken without my permission and was stored at a location so i couldnt find it and then was given to her drug dealer to clear my ex's drug debt...since then several months later car was found 5hrs away and was written off...what should she be charged with ?

Atticus

6 February 2019
Is it a breach of avo for my ex to sell my car to her drug dealer to clear her debt...the car was taken without my permission
Probably ... If thae car was your property, AND you are the protected person AND she is the defendant, AND, the AVO contains the standard condition of prohibiting interfering with the PINOP's property

budgie

31 July 2024
The car was my property and was only purchased 2 weeks before she sold it to her dealer to clear her debt...was told today by police because my ex wouldnt give them the text messages explaining the situation no charges would be made...considering she took my car without consent and hid the car for over a week then sold it to clear her drug debt but still the police wont charge her nor breach her on her avo and bail conditions....the car is now written off also