QLD Commission after employment has been terminated

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Blairy

9 August 2024
Hi,

I’m asking this for my husband. He’s been in a Real Estate Sales Associate role for 2 months and a half, 1 week ago his boss wanted to fire him for not listing at least 3 properties in the time he’s been there. His boss never mentioned at the beginning of employment there was a target he had to achieve, however he’s been working really hard trying to get listings, he’s gotten 2 so far. 1 live and 1 offline. He’s also been requested to work on Saturdays which he’s not meant to and he doesn’t get paid extra for that. After they had that chat his boss decided to give him one week to come up with more listings. It’s been a bit over a week now and his boss hasn’t said anything anymore and doesn’t talk to my husband, only hi and bye. My husband just feels the vibe at work is awkward for him now and just wants to quit. I’m worried though that if he quits he won’t get his commissions, he’s supposed to get a percentage of team sales and his lead listings once it sells. On the contract it doesn’t say anything about commissions being paid after employment termination or anything. What are his rights here? Thank you